Sunday 26 July 2009

Dirty Diana

Went up to the monkey temple. Locals call it like that. I understood I don't understand. Watermelon juice. Yes, I came back to talk to the holy man but he was sleeping and so down went I and crossed the river back to the village. Lemon&mint juice. I bought a ring that will give me power, but it is not the one yet. I felt greedy for jewels and money. Money and how I relate to it is one of the most interesting things in India so far. Pineapple juice. Bartering is great. In western countries they take all the fun out of trading. Trading is one of the most important experiences in human relationships. Sitting in the shop of the Iranian guy before going back to my hotel room was so much fun. Mosambi juice. People are most interested in where I am from. I have been saying Italy more often than my name. Btw, water is holy. Where there is water there is life. And all the rest comes with it. Papaya juice. I feel I have been in a room for ages, walking by the wall again and again, I know all the cracks by heart. I can't find the way out but I feel there is a way out somewhere. It is all a matter of being able to wait, of being able to respect my ownself, of allowing myself, of not being afraid. I have been told there is a whole Eastern Palace to visit, I can smell the scents, I can hear the music and the women maliciuosly laughing I can dream of the new tastes and of the new colours, I want to join the party so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment