Wednesday 29 July 2009

Monticelso tutti frutti

If there is no holy man there are no pilgrims. If there are no pilgrims there is no holy man. You see, everybody needs each other. And it is beautiful to be part of this big happening that is human life. These last days I have been a pilgrim. On Monday I risked to die squeezed in between hundreds of people in the cages leading to the golden temple. I waited for six hours standing, skin to skin with kids, old men, women and men eager, ravenous to pass the several doors that lead to the temple. I was scared for real. But I eventually made to the temple which is completely covered in gold and silver, I made my wish, I touched what I needed to touch, I admired the power of the Gods and his ministers and I collected my sweets. Today I waited for 3 hours to see Sai Baba, in a much more civil way no doubt. We sat in the temple singing for one hour in front of Sai Baba who looks like an old Valderrama (football player from Colombia). I was sceptical seeing so many vanilla faces dressed in white robes meditating like perfect buddahs but I must admit that when Sai Baba appeared my heart let go and I was light and relieved in the moment. And although I was not lucky enough to be in the first row and give him my letter with my wishes on it, I could see that people really tried hard to sneak further in front to give him theirs. If he gets your wishes they become true. It was a lovely moment. Sai Baba is 83 right now and he spoke to people like the Beatles and such in the past. It was a circle closing up for me. Now I sense I have to move on, that my journey is just at the beginning. I need to stay with people, with street people. I need to not be scared. I need to take off my shoes and be brave enough to walk barefoot. I need to respect more. It is hard to explain if you are not me, which you are not indeed. Well, if you are concerned it is all good. I feel I cannot have enough of exploring and that the time is not enough. But when has time ever been enough? Yes, living is a matter of choices, of right moments and right timing. Whatever you choose is the right choice in the end but if you believe you can do everything, then you are a fool. SHANTI SHANTI SHANTII!

No comments:

Post a Comment